On Wednesday, I discussed the negative affects stress has on our breath and bodies. Did you know that your breath can help you shift your stress in as little as 3 minutes? Starting today, it is time to realize the potential of oxygen!
By doing so, you can begin soothing your nervous system, eliminating stress, boost your brain power and improve the energy in every system of your body.
It only takes 3 minutes of abdominal breathing to have more resilience, power and enhanced recovery time.
HOW TO SHIFT YOUR STRESS IN 3 MINUTES:
1) Lie down on your back with your knees bent, soles of the feet flat on the floor.
2) Rest your hands on your abdomen (if lying on the floor causes pain, lie in bed or on another soft surface, such as the sofa)
3) Close your eyes and become still.
4) Inhale and exhale through your nose.
5) Allow the belly to deliberately rise with each inhale and fall with each exhale. Focus on actively inhaling and passively exhaling.
6) Continue with the abdominal thoracic breath: inhaling for 4 counts, holding the breath at the top of inhale for 4 counts and exhaling for 4 counts.
7) Continue to silently breathe, using the ratio 4-4-4 for 3 minutes
Welcome to your brain powered by oxygen. This is the “nature’s high” that will immediately make you feel calmer, more restored and balanced from the inside out.
Check out the video below where I specifically share 3 major mind-body practices that will help you stay healthy, active and emotionally centred, no matter what is happening in your life.