- The Roll Model® Method Starter Kit – a set of original balls, Plus balls, one Alpha ball and a Coregeous ball in a drawstring tote
- online access to a DVD of the six sequences you will learn on Day 1
- a coupon code for $50 toward the Roll Model® Method Correspondence Course
- a bonus hour of content dispersed through the training for Gut Fascia and Pelvic Floor
I also allotted the Friday morning and Sunday afternoon as travel time for anyone traveling from afar.
Put the power of self-myofascial release into your own hands. This training empowers you to personally adopt and teach simple yet highly effective self-care regimens for pain-relief and improved performance. The 4 different sized Roll Model® Therapy Balls included in this module can be used as an adjunct offering within personal training sessions, stretch, Pilates, dance classes, wellness coaching, yoga, massage therapy, or with kids and special needs populations. These proven, whole-body exercises are approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors.
The Science of Rolling
- Maintain your body and prevent injuries using self-care strategies with the YTU Therapy Balls
- Identify bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and fascia geography to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
- Deepen your understanding of pain, connective tissue and myofascial physiology and how to use the The Roll Model® Method to erase pain, enhance performance, and improve posture for optimal body function.
- Lead classes through step-by step, proven, whole-body exercises, approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors, that can affect positive changes in the rotator cuff, spine, neck, jaw, hips, IT band, calves, and feet
- Explore pain-erasing self-myofascial release in over-used areas of your body like your hands and knees, or completely ignored areas like the diaphragm and pelvic floor.
- Improve classroom demonstration of Therapy Ball techniques and trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students.
- Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain
- Refine your anatomical fluency of bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and the fascial seam-system through experiential mapping strategies.
- Learn tools for consistently creating innovative Therapy Ball sequences for yourself and your client.
- Learn the optimal use of 4 different sized Roll Model® Balls that unravel patterns of pain and dysfunction.
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel (4th, 5th or 6th edition)
The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
"Understanding Fascia and the Benefits of Myofascial Release" Heather Longoria, Tune Up Fitness blog
RECOMMENDED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar
Fascia: What It Is And Why It Matters by David Lesondak