Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 11:00am to 7:00pmSunday, April 26, 2020 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
Spend two days with Lauren as we do a deep dive into the science of rolling on day one then put all that new knowledge into practice on day two as we learn to teach this powerful work.
Put the power of self-massage into your own hands in this training that empowers you to personally adopt and also teach simple and effective self-care regimens. The Roll Model® Therapy Balls can be used as an adjunct offering within Group Fitness classes, Yoga classes, Pilates sessions, Personal Training sessions, Wellness Coaching, Massage Therapy, and special needs populations.
This training equips you to:
- Maintain total body wellness and prevent injuries using self-care strategies with the Roll Model® Therapy Balls.
- Identify bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and fascia geography to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
- Deepen your understanding of pain physiology and how to use the Roll Model® Balls to erase pain.
- Lead classes through step-by step, proven, whole-body exercises, approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors that affect positive changes in the rotator cuff, spine, neck, jaw, hips, IT band, calves, and feet.
- Use this training to learn strategies for your own health and maintenance, or incorporate Therapy Ball sequences into your teaching toolkit by introducing embodied anatomy concepts to your students.
*This module is open to all levels of student/educator/clinician.
$590 || $530 before April 1, 2020
**Tuition includes the following: online access to the Massage Therapy Instructional DVD and a $50 credit towards the Roll Model® Method Correspondence Course.
Note: CEC Credits available with the following organizations: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM as well as CECs for Yoga Alliance
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
- The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller - Available at Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, or https://www.tuneupfitness.com/roll-model-book-jill-miller
- Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel - https://www.tuneupfitness.com/trail-guide-body-5th-edition-andrew-biel
- Fascia: What It Is And Why It Matters by David Lesondak https://goo.gl/TbV5UE
- Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar - http://ytu.io/2bmmGGI
More about Lauren:
Lauren Reese, E-RYT 200 and Certified Yoga Tune Up® Teacher, is co-owner of Breathe Yoga Atlanta, the yoga and mobility coach to several sports teams including private clients in both the NFL and MLB. She has been involved in group fitness for over 20 years. She started with teaching aerobics, weight training classes, and triathalons. After several injuries, Lauren found herself in pain. Frustrated – because even though she was "fit", her body was always hurting – she turned to yoga to find strength and healing for her injuries. Yoga not only helped her feel better physically, but yoga also taught her the importance of balance, both literally and figuratively.
Lauren's classes are powerful yet playful and encouraging. Her creative sequencing mirrors her lighthearted personality, and each class is a new experience. Lauren’s goal is to help her students find balance for their bodies and their lives. She finds her passion in working with athletes (both privately, with sports teams, and with both college and professional athletes), leading adult yoga retreats, and teaching kids yoga. Lauren was a PrAna featured yogi on REI's Yoga for Athletes Live Tour, and she has studied with Sage Rountree, Jill Miller, and Leslie Kaminoff.
Certifications include RYT 200 Lifted Heart Yoga School, Certified Sage Yoga for Athletes Teacher (one of only 33 in the country!), Certified Yoga Tune Up® Teacher, Certified Roll Model Method® Teacher, Certified Functional Movement Systems, Certified Grounded Kids Instructor, and Certified Yoga Fit. Find more at www.laurenreeseyoga.com.
Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
3020 Old Atlanta rd Ste 800
Cumming, GA 30041United States