The Roll Model® Method Practitioner Certification
Skráning hér: https://happyhips.is/rmm-kennararettindi/
TAUGHT IN ICELANDIC
Distinguish your teaching of self-care through self-massage for every client and context with the Roll Model® Method Training.
Taught by Tune Up Fitness Trainer Sigrún Haraldsdóttir, this training empowers you to teach and personally adopt simple and highly effective self-myofascial release regimens using Yoga Tune Up®/Roll Model® Method Therapy Balls. You will learn how to incorporate RMM/YTU Therapy Ball sequences into your teaching toolkit by introducing embodied anatomy concepts to your students or clients.
Roll Model® Therapy Balls (including the original Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls) are a soft-tissue conditioning tool that can be used as an adjunct offering within yoga, personal training, group fitness, Pilates, corporate wellness, dance, massage therapy, clinical or mental health settings, including children and special populations. These on–the–go balls improve body coordination, reduce pain and improve movement. This course will enable you to immediately add these techniques to your teaching.
Day 1 – The Science of Rolling (8 hours)
Self-massage is a fundamental practice for fostering internal anatomical listening skills and enhancing embodiment. Day 1 introduces the science of how and why self-massage using the Roll Model® Method works and offers the latest on fascial research, pain science, and therapy ball applications for multiple populations. You will learn techniques to:
- Skilfully lead classes through 6 step-by-step, proven, whole-body sequences—approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors—that can affect positive changes in the rotator cuff, upper back, lower back, neck, jaw, hips, IT band and feet.
- Maintain your body and prevent injuries using self-care strategies with the original Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls.
- Identify bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and fascia geography to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
- Deepen your understanding of pain physiology and how the Therapy Balls can help alleviate pain.
Day 2 – Ball Sequencing and Innovation, (8 hours)
Today we learn a wide variety of soft-tissue self-care solutions for every client and condition utilizing all four different sized Roll Model® Therapy Balls.
- You will refine your teaching skills and learn to effortlessly craft innovative moves and sequences to differentiate your teaching for any individual or community.
- Explore self-myofascial release in areas of your body frequently over-used, like the hands and knees, or completely ignored like the diaphragm and pelvic floor. We will practice 6 sequences (different ones than in Science of Rolling).
- Improve classroom demonstration of Therapy Ball techniques and trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students.
- Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain.
- Refine your anatomical fluency of bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and the fascial seam-system through experiential mapping strategies.
The Roll Model Method® Training is open to all levels of student/educator/clinician. There is no pre-requisite to attend except an interest in diving deep into the techniques and logic of rolling, why it works and how to share it with others.
Upon completion of this training you will be able to skillfully incorporate RMM balls and techniques into your teaching. Further information about how to get the Roll Model® Method Practitioner certification will be provided during the training.
Registration includes the Roll Model® Method Starter Kit – a set of original YTU balls, Plus balls, one Alpha ball and a Corgeous ball and a coupon code for $50 toward the Roll Model® Method Correspondence Course (or your certification fee if you have already taken the course).