The Yoga Tune Up® Certification Training (70 hour Program) strikes a balance between the worlds of yoga and fitness, attracting trainees of all ages, body types, and movement modalities. It breaks down the nuts and bolts of human movement by using a yogic lens of awareness, conscious relaxation and proper breathing techniques. The YTU Certification Training environment fosters trainees into a newly intimate understanding of their own architecture, diving deeply into integrated anatomy and body mechanics. You will go beyond formulaic instruction and truly learn how to think and teach creatively within your specific teaching environment, with both group classes and private clients. Trainees are presented with "template" Yoga Tune Up® classes that can be used to help jumpstart workshops and classes. Successful completion of the YTU Certification training is mandatory prior to teaching any Yoga Tune Up® classes or workshops. Please note that while there is Therapy Ball education included in this training it is predominantly a movement biomechanics based training.
Completion of the YTU Certification Training is required to be a licensed YTU teacher.
This 70 hour training:
- Become proficient and comfortable with the fundamentals of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics and how to apply them in a private or group class setting
- Learn a step-by-step process to create memorable, accessible classes and learn to “think out of the boxana”
- Refresh your love of teaching and learn new classroom leadership skills
- Be prepared to teach your own Yoga Tune Up® classes, privates, and more
- The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long
- A Handbook on the Physiology of Yogasana, by Mel Robin
- 3 DVD Set of Jill Miller’s Hip Helpers, Shoulder Shape Up & Core Integration
- Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar