Integrated Embodied Anatomy
Learn anatomy from the inside-out. This comprehensive module expertly guides you into your living tissues in a concrete and inspiring way.
What do you learn?
- The unique Yoga Tune Up® Training approach not only helps you to embody anatomy, but our educational methodology drastically improves any students' retention of the clinical language of anatomy in a completely accessible and fun way.
- Directly experience the interplay of the many systems of the body, learn to make their complexity relatable and tangible for your students.
- Explore specific anatomical structures, physiological processes, and typical movement patterns and pathologies. Then learn how the multiple layers of the body relate and function as a whole.
- Dynamic movement, combined with video, 3-D models, palpation, and self-massage techniques, invite you to traverse the muscles, joints, bones and fascia and their interrelatedness to breath, circulation, immunity, injury and newfound functional movement patterns.
- The Integrated Embodied Anatomy curriculum is suitable for yogis of all levels, but also ideal for any movement professional who desires to sharpen their ability to perceive within themselves as well as correctly locate in others, the vital structural landmarks and meaningful continuities of the body within any yoga or fitness practice.
- Make anatomy relevant to you, and your students will follow!
Locate tissues thoughout the body.
Embody Your Body
Structured self-massage explorations improve your body sense of anatomy.
Application to Movement Modalities
Improve your cueing using relatable anatomical language for privates or groups.
Required Reference Material:
- Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel
- The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long
- A Handbook on the Physiology of Yogasana by Mel Robin
- Fascia: Function & Physiology Webinar from Yoga International