The Roll Model® Method Correspondence Course
The Roll Model® Method Correspondence Course provides an overview of the science and tools needed to safely and effectively execute therapeutic mobility techniques and corrective exercise for the entire body. This course is designed for both self-care and use with/for clients and is one of the three programs necessary to become a Certified Roll Model® Method Practitioner.
The Roll Model® book by Jill Miller provides an in-depth look at cutting-edge fascia science, anatomy, case studies and detailed instruction on how to perform effective therapeutic mobility on oneself or clients using a variety of myofascial release balls and techniques. This book combined with a two-disc instructional DVD, also by Jill Miller, gives you crucial anatomical context and a visual guide to deepen content comprehension and retention as well as provide a means to assist safe execution of the techniques. The results are drastic increases in mobility, relief from pain and improvement of proprioception by using test and re-test strategies.
The full Roll Model® Correspondence Course includes the following:
- The Roll Model Book
- Roll Model Kit (1pr. of YTU Therapy Balls, 1 pr. Therapy Ball PLUS, 1 ALPHA Ball & 1 Coregeous Ball in a shoulder tote)
- Massage Therapy Instructional DVD Online Video Segments
- The Roll Model Correspondence Course Online Test
Upon successful completion of this course you will be eligible to receive the following CECs:
- ACE – 1.4 CEU
- ACSM: 14 hours
- AFFA: 14 hours
- NASM: 1.4 CEU
- Understand the components and properties of fascia and myofascia and how they are connected to the nervous system.
- Learn therapeutic mobility and corrective exercise techniques for the entire body that immediately increase range of motion and decrease pain.
- Understand the relationship between proprioception and nociception (pain perception) coordination and functional movement.
- Design custom therapeutic mobility and corrective sequences.
- SELF CARE: What is it, self-care and recover
- ROLL MODEL METHOD: Methodology, Intro to pain
- POSTURE & PERFORMANCE: Adaptive shortening, Physiological costs of poor posture
- FASCIA SCIENCE: Composition, Properties, Proprioception
- BALL TECHNIQUES: Myofascia Anatomy, Nine Foundational Techniques
- BREATH PHYSIOLOGY: Breath and the Nervous System, Regions of Breath, Explorations of Diaphragm
- MOBILITY SEQUENCES: Test/Re-test (check in/re-check), Global Shear, Lower Body, Spine and Ribs, Shoulders to Fingers, Neck and Head
- RELAXATION: Creating parasympathetic dominance
- EMOTIONAL LANDSCAPE: Emotional impact of tension, pain, and stress release
- SUPPORT TRAINING: Adjunct trainings that work well with this methodology
CECs Available: ACE: 1.4 CEU, ACSM: 14 hours, AFFA: 14 hours, NASM: 1.4 CEU