About the Treat While You Train Correspondence Course
The Treat While You Train Correspondence Course is designed to provide fitness professionals with a foundational approach to myofascial self-care using therapeutic mobility techniques. This program, which includes the use of a variety of myofascial self-massage tools is focused around unlocking adhesions and re-hydrating muscle tissue to relieve pain and improve performance. It guides you through six key anatomical regions to create length in adaptively shortened muscles, improve body position and increase proprioception through test and re-test strategies.
With a focus on performance, recovery and injury prevention, the TWYT Course Book provides a structured approach to diving into anatomical layers, breath strategies and myofascial release techniques to unlock performance potential. The instruction provides an in-depth educational tour leading you through multiple corrective mobility sequences to un-glue internal stiffness and promote slide and glide amongst all of the soft tissue layers. It includes precise anatomical placement of the tools used, the physiological effects on myofascial, as well as strategies to maximize adaptation and sustainability. Support videos help provide visual cues on ball placement throughout each of the six main body regions.
Included in the TWYT Correspondence Course is the following:
- TWYT Toolkit (includes 1pr. of YTU Therapy Balls, 1 pr. Therapy Ball PLUS, 1 ALPHA Ball & 1 Coregeous Ball in a shoulder tote)
- TWYT Correspondence Course Manual (170 pgs)
- TWYT Support Video Segments
- TWYT Online Test
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be eligible for the following CECs:
- ACSM: 11 hours
- AFFA: 11 hours
- NASM: 1.1 CEU
- Understand the relationship of healthy or dysfunctional fascia in the role of pain and performance.
- Learn clear mapping of key anatomical landmarks that tend to be easily damaged, injured or bypassed due to habit, lifestyle or performance.
- Learn therapeutic application of therapy balls to improve mobility, decrease pain and increase the body's proprioception.
- Explore therapeutic sequences designed by a Physical Therapist that have successfully helped patients to empower their own self-healing.
- Learn specialized myofascial release that targets the physiology of down-regulation and its impact on global health and performance for athletes and all individuals.
- THE TOOLKIT: Ball Overview
- MUSCLES, FASCIA, AND PERFORMANCE: Interconnectivity & and Treatment Strategies
- BALL TECHNIQUES: Breathing Strategies, The 7 Foundational Techniques, No Roll Zones
- GLOBAL SHEER: Breathe and the Athlete, Abdominal Compression for the Low Back, Abdominal Application, Chest Application, Hip and Back Application
- UPPER TORSO: Basic Upper Torso Anatomy, Clearing and Application of the Trapezius and Suspraspinatus, Clearing and Application of the Levator Sacapula, Clearing and Application of the Rhomboids, Clearing and Application of the Paraspinal, Clearing and Application of the Posterior Neck, Clearing and Application of the Mastoids, Clearing and Application of the Anterior Neck
- SHOULDERS AND CHEST: Basic Shoulder Anatomy, Position and Function, Clearing and Application of the Pectorails, Clearing and Application of the Subclavious & Pectoralis Minor, Clearing and Application of the Supra Clavicular, Clearing and Application of the Deltoid, Clearing and Application of the Lateral Seam
- ELBOWS & WRISTS: Basic Lower Arm Anatomy, Position and Function, Tricep Application, Forearm and Wrist Application
- LOWER TORSO: Basic Lower Torso Anatomy , Position and Function, Clearing and Application of the Thoracolumbar Aponeurosis, Clearing and Application of the Quadratus Lumborum, Clearing and Application of the Psoas and Illiacus, Clearing and Application of the Glutes
- THE KNEE AND ITS NEIGHBORS: Basic Knee Anatomy, Clearing and Application of the Posterior Compartment, Clearing and Application of the Lateral Compartment, Clearing and Application of the Supra-Petellar Compartment, Clearing and Application of the Lower Leg Compartment
- FEET AND ANKLES: Basic Anatomy of the Foot & Ankle, Rebuilding the Feet, Restoring Fibular Movement, Fibular Application, Plantar Application
CECs Available: ACE: 1.1 CEU, ACSM: 11 hours, AFFA: 11 hours, NASM: 1.1 CEU
Required Materials: Treat While You Train Kit