Level 1 Certification
Yoga Tune Up® is a potently therapeutic style of conscious corrective exercise that strikes a balance between the worlds of yoga, fitness, pain management, and myofascial self-care.
The study of Yoga Tune Up® delves you deeply into integrated anatomy and body mechanics while helping you discover a fresh approach to teaching and leading no matter what movement modality you lead. You will go beyond formulaic instruction and truly learn to think, teach and coach creatively within your classroom and with individual clients.
YTU attracts students of all ages and body types as it breaks down the nuts and bolts of human movement and provides context-based teaching strategies for the classroom, clinic, gym or studio. It interweaves precise anatomy with a yogic lens of awareness, conscious relaxation, and body therapy to help every student live better in their body.
What do you learn?
In this 70 hour Yoga Tune Up® Level 1 Certification training, you will:
- Become proficient and comfortable with the fundamentals of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics.
- Learn a step-by-step process to creating memorable, accessible classes and learn to “think out of the boxana.”
- Refresh your love of teaching and learn new classroom leadership skills.
- Be prepared to teach your own Yoga Tune Up® classes, privates, and more.
Daily workshop-style classes deconstruct and reconstruct movement with embodied anatomy essentials.
Hands On Scenarios
Train your eyes and hands to see and feel structure from inside out to better guide your students toward anatomical fluency.
Expand Your Teaching Tool-Kit
Use props and Therapy Balls in novel ways to empower students to live better in their body.
This training is open to yoga teachers, group fitness instructors, clinicians, massage therapists, personal trainers, and movement professionals.
*Please note that the YTU L1 Certification is focused on anatomy, physiology and human architecture as it relates to movement, and is not a Therapy Ball based Training. Introduction and use of the YTU Therapy Balls are a part of this Training but not the focus.
Required Reference Material:
- Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biell
- The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long
- A Handbook on the Physiology of Yogasana by Mel Robin
- 3 DVD Set of Jill Miller’s Hip Helpers, Shoulder Shape Up & Core Integration
- Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar from Yoga International
Interested in hosting a training? CLICK HERE